|Fruit color||black, purple|
|Fruit type||salad, cherry|
|Variety type||unstable segregation line|
- Indet., potato leaf plants produce small purple-black round fruits that are shaped like round plums. The fruit color is a bit hazy, as in the parent Purple Haze F1 hybrid, perhaps just not as bright - but this could depend highly on sunshine intensity in your area. Fruit shape and size is exactly the same as in Purple Haze. Average 1.5 oz, juicy, very nice smokey flavor. I would consider it stable in F6 generation, as the fruits were consistent in shape, size, and color. (very limited, 10 seeds / packet)
- B.C KO T 09 / Barbara Morgenroth, NY 08
Year grown: 2009 (F3), 2010 (F4), 2011 (crop failure), 2012 (F5 generation)
- Regular leaf – sweet, mellow, juicy, tomatoey; skins somewhat evident, clear skin.
- Potato Leaf - very similar, perhaps a wee bit smoother, very good, clear skin.
- Plants were not the healthiest and production not huge for a cherry, but taste makes up for it. Both the RL and PL have a very strange translucent skin – those are not stripes you see in the pics, but rather the internal structure of the tomato showing through the skin. Both ripen with light green shoulders and the RL shows no star pattern on blossom end.
- B.C KO T 09 (Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T))
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
- A potato leafed open-pollinated version of Purple Haze F1 tomato, selected and stabilized by Tatiana Kouchnareva of Anmore, BC, Canada (B.C KO T) in 2008-2012.
- Named after Psamathe, the smallest moon of Neptune.
- Kiss The Sky
- Purple Haze (parent)
- Galatea (sister)
- Despina (sister)
- Brandywine (grandparent)
- Black Cherry (grandparent)
- Cherokee Purple (grandparent)
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Psamathe RL (F3 generation) - leaf. 2009-06-13.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Psamathe RL (F3 generation) - flower buds. 2009-06-13.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Psamathe PL (F3 generation, W3 plant) - ripe fruit. 2009-08-13.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Psamathe PL (F4) - green fruit. 2010-07-16.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Psamathe PL - ripe fruit. 2012-08-30.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Psamathe PL - ripe fruit. 2012-08-31.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Psamathe PL #1 - sliced fruit. 2012-08-30.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Psamathe PL #1 - sliced fruit. 2012-09-03.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Psamathe PL #2 - ripe fruit. 2012-09-10.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Psamathe PL #2 - sliced fruit. 2012-09-10.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Psamathe seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!