- F2 generation (2008): indet., regular leaf, purple/black elongated small plum, 1-2 oz, 1.5 oz average weight, not many seeds, late to ripen.
- F3 generation (2009): Continues to segregate, 6 regular leaf (60%) and 4 potato leaf (40%) seedlings. The fruits are round, and closer to the original Purple Haze hybrid in shape and color. Very nice firm texture, nice balance of acidic and sweet flavors. Some green shoulders. It is certainly worth further dehybridizing.
- B.C KO T 09 / Barbara Morgenroth, NY 08
Year grown: 2009
- One of segregation lines of Purple Haze F2, selected by Tatiana Kouchnareva of BC, Canada (B.C KO T) in 2008 for a plum-shaped black/purple fruit.
- Stabilization efforts to be continued in 2009.
- Named after Despina, a small oval-shaped moon of Neptune.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Despina (F3 generation) - potato leaf variation, flower. 2009-06-13.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Despina (F3 generation) - potato leaf variation, baby fruit. 2009-06-13.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Despina (F2 generation) - ripe fruit. 2008-09-14.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Despina F3, PL - ripe. 2009-07-25.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|