|Growth habit||dwarf, indet.|
|Leaf type||regular, rugose|
|Fruit color||black, brown, striped|
|Variety type||created heirloom, stabilized intentional cross|
B.C KO T
- NEW 2015 Dwarf Tomato Project Release. Indeterminate dwarf ('tree-type') plants with rugose regular leaf foliage. Small perfectly round brown/black fruits with green stripes. 1-3 oz. Excellent rich flavor. (15 seeds / packet)
- Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) / Tomato Dwarf Project
Year grown: 2015
Location: Zone 7b, PNW, Anmore, BC, Canada (760 ft above sea level)
NC LE C
- 65 days. The vigorous, relatively compact dwarf regular leaf plants produce a heavy yield of medium to medium small sized (2-4 ounce) round chocolate fruit with vertical green stripes. The firm deep crimson flesh is mild and sweet, and the productivity and fruit size and texture make this a great canning or grilling variety.
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
- Developed by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project from a cross between Black Zebra and a pink selection of the Cheeky family, made by Ray South and named Streaky (Cheeky’s lineage is Golden Dwarf Champion crossed with Cherokee Chocolate by Patrina Nuske Small – this is therefore quite a complex lineage). Sarandipity was selected and named by Craig LeHoullier after his daughter Sara.
- Stabilization was the collaborative work of Tessa Millesse, Paul Fish, Susan Oliverson, Ginny Bishton, Patrina Nuske Small, Amanda Fischer, Marla McClaren, Marsha Eisenberg, Carol Knapp, and Jason Ford.
- The starting seed sample was grown out and supplied by Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) in 2014.
- Introduced commercially by Victory Seed Company in 2015.
- More information about the development of this cultivar can be found on the Dwarf Tomato Project website.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sarandipity - ripe. 2015-08-18.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sarandipity - ripe. 2015-09-05.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sarandipity - sliced. 2015-08-18.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sarandipity - sliced. 2015-09-05.
Order seeds from Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2015||Victory Seed Company - new||.||.|
Click here to order seeds from Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop
You can buy Sarandipity seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!