|Fruit shape||beefsteak, oblate, irregular|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- Midseason, indet. healthy plants with regular leaf foliage, produce medium to large yellow-gold-pink bi-color beefsteaks with very good sweet flavor, 8-12 oz. Pink color becomes dominant over golden as fruits mature, and it has the best flavor when golden color still shows. Some fruits were shaped like hearts on the same plant that I grew in 2009. Flavor is variable, even during the same season, and seems to be dependent on weather conditions.
Year grown: 2007(1), 2009(1)
- Large vines require sturdy caging or staking, first maturity about 90 days, very good productivity of somewhat flattened, often odd-shaped, large (usually 12-16 oz but occasionally to 24 oz) yellow fruit with red marbling. Good flavor for a bi-colored tomato, mildly sweet and somewhat fruity. The fruits are quite susceptible to cracking in wet weather and ripe fruit tend to be moderately perishable on the shelf, so good attentiveness at harvest time is essential. I’ve also found them to be attactive more than many other varieties to slugs (ugh!). Very good production, I’ve counted 24 good sized fruit on one plant (thus the need for sturdy caging). This is one of the better bi-colored beefsteak varieties, in my experience.
- Gleckler Seedmen
Year: 1994, 1998, 2004
Location: Augusta, Michigan
- One of the varieties offered by Gleckler Seedmen, who offered many unique and unusual varieties of tomatoes from the 1950s to the first few years of the 21st century and are now restarting their seed business after a brief hiatus.
- 44 commercial sources noted for 2004 in Garden Seed Inventory 6th edition is good evidence to the desirability of this variety.
- Other varieties with 'Pineapple' in the name:
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Pineapple - plant. 2009-06-06
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Pineapple - flower. 2009-06-06
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Pineapple - baby fruit. 2009-06-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Pineapple - baby fruit. 2009-07-12.
Elizabeth Lahner, PA. Pineapple – green fruit. 2013-07-31.
Elizabeth Lahner, PA. Pineapple – green fruit. 2013-08-02.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Pineapple - ripening fruit. 2009-08-08.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Pineapple - ripe fruit. 2009-09-10.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Ananas - ripe fruit. August 24, 2011.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Pineapple - sliced fruit. 2009-08-14.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Pineapple - sliced fruit. 2009-08-26.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Pineapple - sliced fruit. 2009-09-14.
Jeff Fleming (MI FL J). Pineapple. 2004
You can buy Pineapple seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Also known as||Ananas +|
|Fruit color||bi-color +|
|Fruit shape||beefsteak +, oblate + and irregular +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|Member||B.C KO T + and MI FL J +|
|Related||Ananas Noire + and Orange Strawberry +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated + and heirloom +|
|Vendor||Pinetree Seeds +, Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds +, Gleckler Seedmen +, Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Tomato Growers Supply +, TomatoFest +, Sand Hill Preservation Center +, Skyfire Garden Seeds +, Totally Tomatoes +, Heirloom Seeds +, Heirloom Tomatoes +, Solana Seeds +, The Sample Seed Shop +, Trade Winds Fruit +, Delectation of Tomatoes +, Fedco Seeds +, J.W. Jung Seed Company +, Knapp's Fresh Vegies +, Snow Seed +, Swallowtail Garden Seeds + and Territorial Seed Company +|