|Fruit type||slicer, paste, canner|
- large indet. plant with regular leaf foliage, deep orange heart-shaped fruit, 8-14 oz, but can grow up to 1 lb, very productive, few seeds, rich taste, meaty flesh with small seed cavities and thick gel, excellent.
- 1. Nancy Kirch of Binghamton, New York (NY KI N) 06 / Tomato Growers Supply
- 2. Tomato Growers Supply 11
- 3. Tomato Growers Supply 13
Year grown: 2009
- 80 days, indet., regular foliage, 8 oz to 1 lb orange fruit, excellent taste, first fruits were globe shaped, later fruits are strawberry shaped, very sweet, excellent yield, one of the best tasting orange tomatoes I've grown.
- Carolyn Male of Salem, New York (NY MA C) 95
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf, 8-16 oz, excellent taste, good yield.
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- 85 days, indeterminate, regular leaf. 8-18oz fruit, deep yellow/orange and oxheart shaped. Several of them were over 1lb each and I would have gotten more that way if it wasn't for the frost! Kept setting fruit right up until the frost killed it. Loved the hot, hot weather. Best producer for me this year. Very sweet, very tasty fruit, with very few seeds. A great canner. Vine grew over 6ft. Requires extremely heavy staking to accommodate the weight of the fruit. This was the only plant of mine this year that didn't get burned during transplant. Will grow every year from now on.
- Sheena, London, Ontario, Canada.
Year grown: 2009
Location: Nelson, BC, Canada.
- Seeds for what became Orange Strawberry were sent to Carolyn Male of Latham, New York, by Marjorie Morris of Indiana, who discovered it as a stray seed in a pack of commercial Pineapple seeds and named 'Orange Strawberry' based on the fruit shape and color.
- First listed in SSE 1995 Yearbook by Carolyn Male of Latham, New York.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Orange Strawberry - flower. 2009-07-12.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Orange Strawberry - ripe fruit. 2009-10-02.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Orange Strawberry - sliced fruit. 2009-09-24.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Orange Strawberry - sliced fruit. 2009-10-02.
You can buy Orange Strawberry seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!