Silvery Fir Tree
|Silvery Fir Tree|
|Fruit type||slicer, canner|
- 70 days, det., carrot-like foliage, excellent production of 3x2" firm red fruit, very good taste, excellent for pots.
- Manfred Hartmann, Germany
Location Pasadena, Texas
- 75 days, determinate variety with gorgeous delicate leaves, with a slight silver tone. Good for growing as an ornamental alone. Good production, 3" in diameter meaty fruit, excellent taste. Very compact plant, about 18" tall, doesn't require staking. Good container tomato.
- 2009 Notes
- This one did better for me then ever before. Was placed in a location where it received 10-12hrs of hot blazing sun and gave me 25-30 tomatoes, all of a very good size (4-7oz!), and I ended getting 4lbs/plant. Loved the heat.
- Meighan, Vancouver, BC, Canada. 2007.
Year: 2007, 2009
Location: Nelson, BC, Canada
Russian name: Серебристая Ель (Serebristaya El)
- The name means "Silvery Fir Tree" in Russian.
- Traditional Russian variety attributed to Moscow seedswoman Marina Danilenko, brought to US by SSE in early 1990s.
Also known as
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Silvery Fir Tree - fruit. 2004-02-18
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Silvery Fir Tree - sliced. 2004-02-18 (uploaded with the owner's permission)