From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
|Fruit type||canner, slicer|
- The seed did not grow true to type - plants produced green-when-ripe medium sized beefsteaks with OK flavor.
- Geza Korbely, Hungary 05 (crossed or wrong seed)
Year grown: 2009
- I would call this one a perfect tomato for making juice. Heavy crop of 3-6 oz red round fruit. Somewhat compact semi-determinate regular leaf plants. Earliest to ripen in my 2011 garden. Early to mid-season, 68 days.
- Gourmet Seed International 08
Year: 2010, 2012
Location: LaFollette, Tennessee, USA
- Developed in 1917 by Fred J. Pritchard of the United States Dept. of Agriculture by crossing Globe and Marvel, the latter being a European development. Released to the public in 1925.
- PI 270198. Donated to USDA in December 1960.
- PI 647194. Donated to USDA in April 1954.
Ted Maiden (TN MA T): Marglobe - Green and ripe fruit. 2011.