From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
|Fruit shape||globe, oblate|
|Variety type||commercial heirloom|
B.C KO T
- Early, compact indet., about 3' tall, regular leaf plant with round slightly oblate red fruit, 4-5 oz. Taste is good, but not great, a bit too juicy and mild for me. Ripe and almost ripe fruit develop concentric and radial cracking in heavy rain. It was not very productive for me in the cooler and wetter than normal summer of 2008.
- Mireille Blais, Quebec, Canada 07
Year grown: 2007 (crop failure), 2008
Location: Zone 7b, PNW, Anmore, BC, Canada (760 ft above sea level)
TX GU R
- 65 days, indet., neat looking plant, 4-6 oz fruit in clusters, good tasting.
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- Developed by George Sparks of Salem, New Jersey and was first offered commercially in 1900 by Johnson and Stokes of Philadelphia.
- Offered in Thorburn's Seeds 1908 Catalog, described as "extra-early, bright red, smooth".
- Accession number: PI 212421, LA3238. Donated to USDA in 1954.
- Description from 1935 Livingston Seed Catalog:
- "Earliana. (Favorite type). The plants are compact in growth, with short, close-jointed branches, setting fruits very early. With our strain of Earliana the fruits are bright red, of uniform medium size, fleshy, solid and smooth. 55 days."
- Earliana, North Dakota
- Sunnybrook Earliana, Burpee's
- Spark's Earliana
- Earliana Pennsylvania (PI 270181)
- Alice Roosevelt (possibly a renamed 'Earliana' )
- King of the Earlies (PI 636242, mentioned in seed catalogs at least 10 years earlier than Earliana. See also , )
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Earliana - 4 weeks old seedling. 2008-03-18
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Earliana - baby fruit. 2008-06-25.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Earliana - green fruit, mature size. 2008-07-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Earliana - ripe fruit. 2008-08-14.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Earliana - sliced ripe fruit. 2008-08-19.
Facts about EarlianaRDF feed
|Fruit color||red +|
|Fruit shape||globe + and oblate +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|Member||B.C KO T + and TX GU R +|
|Variety type||commercial heirloom +|
|Vendor||Sand Hill Preservation Center +, TomatoFest +, Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Heirloom Seeds +, Heirloom Tomatoes +, Heritage Harvest Seed + and Hazzard's Wholesale Seeds +|