B.C KO T
- Indet. plants with regular leaf foliage. Plants do not grow very tall, but they are quite bushy. Very large squat red blunt hearts, 14-21 oz, meaty and firm flesh. Very good balanced flavor. (15 seeds / packet)
- Al Anderson of Troy, Ohio (OH AN A) 07 / John Smarsz, Woden Act, Australia
Year grown: 2014
Location: Zone 7b, PNW, Anmore, BC, Canada (760 ft above sea level)
B.C MC D
- 70-80 days, indet., regular leaf, red blunt heart-shaped fruits, 1+ lb, solid, meaty, tasty, does better in moderate climate.
Year grown: 2007
Location: Wynndel, BC, Canada
- Canadian origin?
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2007 Yearbook by Al Anderson of Troy, Ohio (OH AN A), who said that his seeds source was John Smarsz from Australia. Al Anderson listed it in Pink section, but other members describe it as red.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2015.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T), Canadian Heart - baby fruit. 2014-06-19.
Dan and Val McMurray. Canadian Heart - plant. 2007.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Canadian Heart - ripe fruit. 2014-08-22.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Canadian Heart - ripe fruit. 2014-08-28.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Canadian Heart - ripe fruit. 2014-08-29.
Dan and Val McMurray. Canadian Heart - ripe fruit. 2007.
Dan and Val McMurray. Canadian Heart - sliced fruit. 2007.
Order seeds from Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
Click here to order seeds from Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop
You can buy Canadian Heart seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!