|Fruit color||striped, green, red, black, brown|
|Fruit shape||round, flattened|
- Indet., regular leaf plants. Medium round oblate fruits, dark red with green stripes on the outside and dark reddish-brown flesh. 3-6 oz. Very good balanced taste, more acidic than sweet. (15 seeds / packet)
- Blane Horton, Jackson, Mississippi 14
Year grown: 2014
- A North-American selection from an earlier line of Coeur de Surpriz, which was stabilized but not yet officially released by the creator, Madame Jacqueline Morel of Saint-Uze, France.
- "Surpriz" tomato was the winner of the competition for the best tomato held on 11 September 2011 at the "Festival of the Tomato and Vegetable Veterans" at Haverskerque (northern France), chosen by a jury chaired by Christian Lemaire.
- Introduced to North American gardeners by Sébastien Berthier.
- Madame Jacqueline Morel felt that the Surpriz tomato circulating in North America does not show the traits and characteristics that she desired in her creation, so she named her refined version Coeur de Surpriz.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Surpriz - sliced fruit. 2014-08-21.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2013||Secret Seed Cartel - new||0||0|
You can buy Surpriz seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!