|Scoville Heat Units (SHU)||10,000–25,000|
- Came to me as 'Serrano Hausteca', but the region in Spain where this pepper allegedly came from is called Huasteca, and not Hausteca. So the name was obviously misspelled. Plants are quite unusual, with more narrow dark green leaves, and slightly woolly appearance. Long and narrow pods, 0.5" in diameter and 2-3" long, turning from dark green to red. Medium-hot and very flavorful. Excellent for dehydrating and makes delicious hot paprika. Very prolific.
- Seed Savers Heritage Farm, Decorah, Iowa (IA SSE HF) 13 / Keith A. Seeger of Glenview, Illinois (IL SE K) 02 / CV Sh2
Year grown: 2014
- SSE PEPPER 2007. Misspelled as Serrano Hausteca in SSE Yearbooks.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2001 Yearbook by Keith A. Seeger of Glenview, Illinois (IL SE K), seeds from CV Sh2.
- La Huasteca is a geographical and cultural region located in Mexico along the Gulf of Mexico which includes parts of the states of Tamaulipas, Veracruz, Puebla, Hidalgo, San Luis Potosí, Querétaro, and Guanajuato.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2015.
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Serrano Huasteca - green fruit. 2014-08-30.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Serrano Huasteca - ripe fruit. 2014-07-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Serrano Huasteca - ripe fruit. 2014-07-20.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Serrano Huasteca - ripe fruit. 2014-08-30.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Serrano Huasteca - plants with ripening fruit. 2014-08-30.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
You can buy Serrano Huasteca seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!