|Fruit shape||long, slim|
|Scoville Heat Units (SHU)||35,000|
|Variety type||family heirloom, open-pollinated|
- Long slender pods, 1" in diameter and up to 8" long, mostly curved, hence the name. Ripen from green to red. Very hot, with delicious sweet undertones. It was the earliest hot pepper to turn color in our 2014 garden, so I would certainly call it 'early'.
- Seed Savers Heritage Farm, Decorah, Iowa (IA SSE HF) 13 / IN HI L
Year grown: 2014
- A very old heirloom obtained from Jim Fischer of Elkhart, Indiana, whose family grew this variety in Asheville, North Carolina since circa 1885.
- Listed by many SSE members in the SSE Yearbook in the 80-90s, but becoming quite rare these days.
- SSE PEPPER 13.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2015.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Ram's Horn - seedlings. 2014-03-10.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Ram's Horn - green fruit. 2014-06-11.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Ram's Horn - green fruit. 2014-06-23.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Ram's Horn - ripening fruit. 2014-06-27.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Ram's Horn - ripening fruit. 2014-07-08.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Ram's Horn - ripe fruit. 2014-07-17.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
You can buy Ram's Horn seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!