|Heat level||very hot|
|Scoville Heat Units (SHU)||15,000-30,000?|
- 2.5-3' tall plants produce small tapered cayenne peppers in erect clusters. Pods mature to red and are 2-2.5" long and 0.3" in diameter. Leaves are dark green and more narrow compared to other C. annuum pepper varieties. This pepper is designed to make the Indian curries hot, as it produces insane amounts of delicious hot peppers.
- Seed Savers Heritage Farm, Decorah, Iowa (IA SSE HF) 13 / James A Wolfe of Rogersville, Tennessee (TN WO J) / Terry Berke of Shanhua Tainan, Taiwan (TAIW BE T) 99
Year grown: 2014
- Landrace from India.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1999 Yearbook by Terry Berke of Shanhua Tainan, Taiwan (TAIW BE T).
- SSE PEPPER 2051.
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), PI 640635. Seeds collected in India, but donated to the USDA from Taiwan in 1998.
- Introduced commercially in Noprth America by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2015.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Pusa Sadabahar - ripe fruit. 2014-10-10.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
You can buy Pusa Sadabahar seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!