|Fruit shape||round, flattened|
|Scoville Heat Units (SHU)||0|
- Quite early, this pepper can be grown in the open ground in cool climates. Fruits are very beautiful, ribbed, round, and flattened, they ripen from green to brown and to red. Thick walls. Excellent sweet flavor. Great stuffer. Compact plants.
- Andrew Still, Seed Ambassadors Project, Drain, Oregon (OR ST A) 08 / Soren Holt of Frosamlerne (Danish seed savers)
Year grown: 2012, 2013
- Developed by a small eco-seed company in Germany.
- 'Liebesapfel' means 'love apple' in German.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2004 Yearbook by Lila Towle, Tjele, Denmark (DENM TO L), who got the seeds from a small German seed company (likely the one that developed this pepper).
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
You can buy Liebesapfel seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!