|Fruit type||slicer, canner|
- Compact det. plants with heavy cover of regular foliage, late fruit set, both small and medium round and oblate red fruits that are mostly seedless until late in the season. Very good sweet flavor, meaty flesh. I liked it. Very good late blight resistance - the plants survived a very bad outbreak of late blight in July 2011 that killed all the other tomato varieties in the area, the Legend plants were the only survivors.
- 1. Cathy Heenan, Richmond, British Columbia, Canada 08 / Two Wings Farm 08
- 2. Tomato Growers Supply 13
Year grown: 2011(1), 2012(2)
- Semi-determinate, round red and very uniform fruit. About 3" in diameter, approximately 8-12 oz each. Regular leafed plant. Plant does not seem to tolerate heat well, plant also seemed to not like being transplanted. Meaty fruit with few seeds. 70-80 days.
- Meighan, Vancouver, BC, Canada. 2007.
Location: Nelson, BC, Canada
- Developed by Dr. James Baggett at Oregon State University. Resistant to races of late blight.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Legend - plant. 2011-06-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Legend - flowers. 2011-06-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Legend - flowers. 2011-07-12.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Legend - baby fruit. 2011-06-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Legend - baby fruit. 2011-07-12.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Legend - baby fruit. 2012-08-05.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Legend - ripe fruit. 2011-10-07.
You can buy Legend seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Fruit color||red +|
|Fruit shape||round +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||slicer + and canner +|
|Growth habit||semi-det. +|
|Member||B.C KO T + and B.C GI K +|
|Variety type||commercial +|
|Vendor||Tomato Growers Supply +, Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, TomatoFest +, Two Wings Farm +, Heirloom Tomatoes +, Hazzard's Wholesale Seeds +, J.W. Jung Seed Company +, Knapp's Fresh Vegies +, Seeds of Change +, Territorial Seed Company + and Twining Vine Garden +|