|Fruit type||slicer, canner|
- 60-70 days, compact det., beautiful healthy plant with thick regular foliage cover, 3-6 oz red round slightly oblate fruit. It is parthenocarpic, which means it can set fruit at low and high temperatures, and these fruits set under these conditions will be seedless. Good mild flavor, slightly tart. Most fruits were seedless. High yields. Prone to concentric cracking under heavy rainfall when grown in containers.
- 1. West Coast Seeds 04
- 2. Territorial Seed Company 04
- 3. a plant from a local nursery, 2010
- 4. Tomato Growers Supply 13
- 5. Fedco Seeds 13
Year grown: 2004 (We19), 2005 (We19), 2008 (We19 and Ter), 2010 (#3), 2011 (#3), 2012(4)
- Breeder and vendor: Oregon State University in Corvallis, Oregon. Bred by Dr. James Baggett. Released in 1984.
- Parentage: Severianin x Starshot. Severianin is an early parthenocarpic variety from Russia.
- Variety recommended by OSU for growing in PNW areas.
Other varieties bred by Oregon State University
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Oregon Spring - 4 weeks old seedling. 2008-03-21
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Oregon Spring. 2008-06-25
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Oregon Spring (local nursery) - baby fruit. 2010-07-13
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Oregon Spring (#3) - baby fruit. 2011-07-09.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Oregon Spring. 2005
You can buy Oregon Spring seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Fruit color||red +|
|Fruit shape||round +|
|Fruit size||medium +|
|Fruit type||slicer + and canner +|
|Growth habit||det. +|
|Member||B.C KO T +|
|Variety type||commercial +|
|Vendor||Tomato Growers Supply +, West Coast Seeds +, Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Johnny's Selected Seeds +, Pinetree Seeds +, TomatoFest +, Fedco Seeds +, Heirloom Seeds +, Heirloom Tomatoes +, Heritage Tomato Seed +, Trade Winds Fruit +, Delectation of Tomatoes +, Double Helix Farms +, Hazzard's Wholesale Seeds +, Knapp's Fresh Vegies +, Seeds of Change + and Territorial Seed Company +|