|Scoville Heat Units (SHU)|
- Very tall and sprawling plants produce lots of round and smooth pod that turn from light green to red when fully mature. Pods are about 2" in diameter. Very similar to Peppadew. Mildly hot when seeds are removed, hotter with seeds, very flavorful. Probably C. chinense, but we are not 100% sure.
- Alan Reynolds, Hercules, South Africa 13
Year grown: 2014
- Collected in Hartbeespoort, a small resort town in the North West Province of South Africa, situated on slopes of the Magaliesberg mountain and the banks of the Hartbeespoort Dam. The name of the town means "gateway of the hartbees" (a species of antelope) in Afrikaans.
- Seeds came to Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T) from Alan Reynolds of Hercules, South Africa in 2013 along with many other South African pepper landraces.
- Introduced commercially in North America by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2015.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
You can buy Jasmyn Rissie seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!