|Fruit color||green, striped|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, created heirloom|
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf, 2-5 oz, green round fruits with dark green/yellow stripes, green flesh and gel, very productive, very good tangy flavor.
- 1. CV PNW Seeds 05
- 2. Tomato Growers Supply 04
- 3. Livingston Seed 11
- 4. CV Hazzard's Greenhouse 11
- 5. CV Snow Seed 12
Year: 2004, 2008, 2010 (#4)
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant, good yield of 2-3 oz yellow and green striped fruit, good flavor.
- Tomato Growers Supply
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- These tomatoes are 2-3 oz green balls with yellow stripes, and a zingy green taste. The small, bushy plants are well suited to container culture. This highly productive tomato is always a hit. 90 days to maturity.
Location: Sonora, Kentucky
- green – amber-green striped fruit, regular leaf, indet.
- CV Treml (Raritätengärtnerei Treml)/ 2013
Year: 200, 2013
- Green with yellow/yellow-green stripes. Regular leafed plant, indeterminate. Fruit grows to about the size of a tennis ball (and slightly larger), bushy with lots of leaf cover. A really nice acidic flavour, always really productive in my garden, and ripens well off the vine. Plants grow approx 4-4.5'. Does well in heat.
Year: 2007, 2008, 2009
Location: Nelson, BC, Canada
- Developed in the 1980s by tomato and potato breeder Tom Wagner, Everett, Washington from 4 heirlooms which included Evergreen. Selected for beautiful green color with green stripes and crack-resistance. One of Tom's favorite tomatoes that he uses extensively in breeding.
- Released by Tom Wagner in 1983 via Tater Mater Seed.
- For additional information, see Tom Wagner's article about Pedigree of 'Green Zebra' tomato.
- Evergreen (parent)
- Black Brandywine X Green Zebra F1 (Tom Wagner's cross with Green Zebra)
- New Green Zebra (Tom Wagner, WA - improved Green Zebra)
- Giant Green Zebra (Brad Gates, CA)
- Berkeley Tie Dye (Green Zebra is a possible parent)
- Black Zebra, or Dawson's Black Zebra (natural cross of Green Zebra, stabilized by Jeff Dawson of Sebastopol, California)
Other "Zebras", which may or may not be related to Green Zebra.
- Red Zebra (an off-type Green Zebra)
- Big Zebra (found growing in a patch of Copia tomatoes)
- Yellow Zebra
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Green Zebra (PNW Seeds) - green fruit. 2008-08-04.
Tom Wagner. Green Zebra.
Kelly G. Green Zebra ripening on the vine. Sept. 2007
Olena Tsygankova, Alberta. Green Zerba - sliced fruit. 2012-09-29.
You can buy Green Zebra seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!