|Fruit color||black, striped|
- Indet., regular leaf, 3-4 oz round black fruits with green stripes. It is certainly a good looking tomato, and it would keep well on the counter after picking, but there are better tasting blacks.
- Reimer Seeds / Sylvana Manna, Alberta, Canada 05
Year grown: 2006, 2015
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf plant, fair yield of black and green fruit with good flavor.
- Reimer Seeds / Jeff Dawson of Napa, California (CA DA J2)
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Black and green striped round fruits, regular leaf, indet., fruits are hard to peel.
Year grown: 2003
- A Jeff Dawson selection. Beautiful blemish free purplish black fruit with green stripes and great taste! The medium size round fruit weigh 4-6 oz and are produced in abundance. Excellent for adding color to salads or slicing on a platter. Indeterminate, regular leaf foliage. (75 days from transplant).
Location: Carman, Manitoba, Canada
- An open-pollinated variety, developed by Jeff Dawson of Sebastopol, California, from a natural cross of Green Zebra. Jeff offered it commercially in 2000 through his seed company, Grandview Farms Tomato Seeds.
- Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N) and Steve Strickler (OH ST S), who lived in Dayton, Ohio at that time, both obtained the seed from Jeff Dawson and offered it in the SSE 2001 Yearbook. Interestingly, none of them mentioned the taste in their first listings, which does not praise this tomato.
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Black Zebra. 2006
Sherry Shiesl, Alaska. Black Zebra - ripe fruit. 2011.
|Also known as||Dawson's Black Zebra +|
|Description||Indet., regular leaf, 3-4 oz round black fruits with green stripes. It is certainly a good looking tomato, and it would keep well on the counter after picking, but there are better tasting blacks.|
|Fruit color||black + and striped +|
|Fruit shape||round +|
|Fruit size||small +|
|Fruit type||salad +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* An open-pollinated variety, developed by … * An open-pollinated variety, developed by Jeff Dawson of Sebastopol, California, from a natural cross of Green Zebra. Jeff offered it commercially in 2000 through his seed company, Grandview Farms Tomato Seeds.
|Member code||B.C KO T +, IL LO N +, GERM SC K + and MAN ST T +|
|See also||Red Zebra +, Big Zebra +, Green Zebra +, Zebra + and Black Zebra Cherry +|
|Seed source||Reimer Seeds / Sylvana Manna, Alberta, Canada 05|
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Tomato Growers Supply +, TomatoFest +, Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Sand Hill Preservation Center +, Heritage Harvest Seed +, Reimer Seeds +, Casey's Heirloom Tomatoes of Airdrie +, Solana Seeds +, Trade Winds Fruit +, Delectation of Tomatoes +, Knapp's Fresh Vegies +, Swallowtail Garden Seeds +, Two Wings Farm + and Heirloom Tomatoes +|
|Year grown||2006 + and 2015 +|