- indet., regular leaf, large bi-colored beefsteaks with intensely sweet flavor. Excellent sweet taste. 6-16 oz. Small seed cavities, solid flesh. (15 seeds / packet)
- 1. Reimer Seeds
- 2. Martin Longseth of Sun Prairie, Wisconsin (WI LO M) 11 (2006 seed)
- 3. Lurley Hernandez, Galena, Ohio 11 / Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds 11
- 4. Kath Weidemoyer, Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania 12 / "heirloomdaddy" at Tomatoville forum
- 5. Seed Savers Exchange 11
- 6. Kim Tephabock, Delaware 07 / David Lemasters, Pennsylvania
Year grown: 2011 (1), 2016(2, 5)
- Large vines need caging or staking, 84 days, moderate production of 8-12 oz (and sometimes to 1 lb or more) yellow fruit heavily marbled with red inside and out, nice mildly sweet flavor.
Year grown: 2001, 2005
Location: Augusta, Michigan
- Introduced in 1976 by the late Ben Quisenberry, who renamed Ruby Gold tomato.
- Five commercial sources noted for 2004 in Garden Seed Inventory 6th edition where it is stated that the variety “grows well in cool overnight temperatures”.
- SSE TOMATO 333. Winner of 2008 SSE Tomato Tasting.
Olga Golikova, BC. Gold Medal - ripe fruit. 2012-08-21.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Gold Medal (5) - sliced fruit. 2016-09-06.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Gold Medal (2) - sliced fruit. 2016-09-10.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T)> Gold Medal (5) - sliced fruit. 2016-09-22.
Jeff Fleming (MI FL J). Gold Medal. 2005
You can buy Gold Medal seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Description||indet., regular leaf, large bi-colored beefsteaks with intensely sweet flavor. Excellent sweet taste. 6-16 oz. Small seed cavities, solid flesh. (15 seeds / packet)|
|Fruit color||bi-color +|
|Fruit shape||beefsteak +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* Introduced in 1976 by the late Ben Quise … * Introduced in 1976 by the late Ben Quisenberry, who renamed Ruby Gold tomato.
|Member code||B.C KO T + and MI FL J +|
|Related||Ruby Gold +|
|See also||Gold Medal Yellow +|
|Seed source||1. … 1. [http://www.reimerseeds.com/gold-medal-tomato.aspx?ref=tatiana Reimer Seeds
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds +, Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, TomatoFest +, Reimer Seeds +, Heirloom Seeds +, Trade Winds Fruit +, Delectation of Tomatoes +, Hazzard's Wholesale Seeds +, Knapp's Fresh Vegies +, Territorial Seed Company + and Solana Seeds +|
|Year grown||2011 (1) +, 2016(2 + and 5) +|