- Indet., regular leaf plants. Very high yield of round flattened brown/black fruits with green shoulders. 6-12 oz. Not the best black tomato we tried, but still pretty decent flavor.
- Susan Anderson of Elgin, Texas (TX AN S) 09 / Horace "Big Red" Boynton Jr. of Bethelridge, Kentucky 06
Year grown: 2017
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf plant, good yield of 6-12 oz, brown-red fruit with green shoulders, very good flavor.
- Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 05 / Clay Foard, Castlegar, B.C. Canada 04 / PGRC
- Said to be of Russian origin. (?) A.k.a. 'Black Tomato'.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2005 Yearbook by Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B), who obtained the seed from Clay Foard of Castiegar, BC, Canada in 2004.
- Black (?)
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Black Tom - ripe fruit. 2017-09-07.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2018||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Black Tom seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!