- indet., regular leaf, large orange cherry, 1-1.5" in dia., 0.5 oz, excellent tangy flavor with a distinct hint of orange flavor when slightly under ripe. Early as its parent Sungold F1, I collected a first ripe fruit on June 25 in 2009.
- 2009 notes
- The seeds I received had some crossed seeds, which produced a similar tomato except it was red and potato leaf - see Big Sungold Potato Leaf.
- Susan Anderson of Elgin, Texas (TX AN S) 09 / Michael Gunn of Pasadena, Texas (TX GU R) 06 / Manfred Hartmann, Germany 05
Year grown: 2009
- 75 days, indet., regular leaf, good production of 1.5-2" golden orange cherries, very good flavor.
- Michael Gunn of Pasadena, Texas (TX GU R) 06 / M.Hartmann, Germany
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- 75 days, indet., regular leaf, outstanding production of superb tasting 1.5" golden orange cherry fruit.
- Manfred Hartmann, Germany
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- One of the earlier attempts to de-hybridize SunGold F1.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2007 Yearbook by Michel Gunn of Pasadena, who obtained the seed from Reinhard Kraft, Neukirchen, Germany / Manfred Hartmann, Germany in 2005.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Big Sungold - plant. 2007
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Big Sungold - ripe fruit. 2009-06-27
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Big Sungold - ripe fruit, sliced. 2009-06-27
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Big Sungold. 2007
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2010||1||.|