|Fruit shape||round, oblate|
B.C KO T
- Compact indet., regular leaf plants. Small to medium red round oblate fruits, 2-5 oz with very good balanced tomato flavor.
- Dan and Val McMurray of Wynndel, British Columbia, Canada (B.C MC D) 08
Year grown: 2014
Location: Zone 7b, PNW, Anmore, BC, Canada (760 ft above sea level)
- Said to be a popular U.K. hothouse variety.
- The UK hot house variant was first commercially offered in North America by Victory Seed Company .
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1996 Yearbook by Bill McDorman of Hailey, Idaho (ID MC B), who said that this cultivar came from from Sakhalin Island, Siberia.
- It is very possible that we have two different tomatoes known under the same name - one from the former USSR and one from the UK. The Russian cultivar likely had a different original (Russian) name. Having both small and medium fruit sizes listed by SSE members, it is highly likely to be the case.
- (Tatiana's note): In old SSE Yearbooks I found a cultivar called Dutch Victory Sel, a.k.a. Moneymaker, offered by a SSE member from England. I wonder if it may be related to this 'Victory' tomato?
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Victory - flowers. 2014-06-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Victory - baby fruit. 2014-06-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Victory - sliced fruit. 2014-08-21.
Order seeds from Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2014||Victory Seed Company||.||.|
|2012||Victory Seed Company||4||0|
|2011||Victory Seed Company||3||1|
|2010||Victory Seed Company||1||.|
|2009||Victory Seed Company||3||.|
|2008||Victory Seed Company||2||.|
|2007||Victory Seed Company||1||.|
Click here to order seeds from Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop
You can buy Victory seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!