- Indet., regular leaf. Very large bi-colored fruits. Late.
- Dan and Val McMurray of Wynndel, British Columbia, Canada (B.C MC D) 08
Year grown: 2016
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf with good yield of bi-color beefsteak fruit, very good flavor.
- John Seewald of Somers Point, New Jersey (NJ SE J2) 05
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Larger 6-8' plant serves up lots of 1 lb + yellow beefsteaks with redish-pink blushing. Indet., regular leaf. Excellent sweet taste. Mid season, 75 days.
- TomatoFest 09
Year grown: 2012
Location: LaFollette, Tennessee, USA
- Found by Tennessee road crew workers in the garden of an elderly lady who had grown it as long as she could remember.
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2006 Yearbook by Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N), who received the seeds from John Seewald of Somers Point, New Jersey (NJ SE J2) in 2005.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Tennessee Surprise - ripe fruit. 2016-10-19.
Ted Maiden (TN MA T). Tennessee Surprise - ripe fruit. 2012-07-21.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2013|| Delectation of Tomatoes - new
|2009||TomatoFest - new||2||.|
|Description||Indet., regular leaf. Very large bi-colored fruits. Late.|
|Fruit color||bi-color +|
|Fruit shape||beefsteak +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* Found by Tennessee road crew workers in … * Found by Tennessee road crew workers in the garden of an elderly lady who had grown it as long as she could remember.
|Member code||B.C KO T +, IL LO N + and TN MA T +|
|Seed source||Dan and Val McMurray of Wynndel, British Columbia, Canada (B.C MC D) 08|
|Variety type||heirloom +|
|Vendor||TomatoFest + and Delectation of Tomatoes +|
|Year grown||2016 +|