Palmira's Northern Italian Beefsteak
|Palmira's Northern Italian Beefsteak|
|Variety type||heirloom, open-pollinated|
B.C KO T
- Indet., regular leaf. Very large red beefsteaks, very meaty and juicy, with excellent full rich tomato flavor. 10-22 oz. (15 seeds / packet)
- Dan and Val McMurray of Wynndel, British Columbia, Canada (B.C MC D) 07 / Al Anderson of Troy, Ohio (OH AN A)
Year grown: 2015
Location: Zone 7b, PNW, Anmore, BC, Canada (760 ft above sea level)
B.C MC D
- 75-85 days, indet., regular leaf, 6'+ plants, up to 2+ lb red fruit, good tomato taste, slightly more acid than sweet, few splits, very vigorous, productive, 40 lbs/plant.
- Al Anderson of Troy, Ohio (OH AN A)
Year grown: 2006, 2007
Location: Wynndel, BC, Canada
IL LO N
- 90 days, indet., regular leaf, red beefsteak fruit, 10-20 oz, very good flavor, good yield.
- Dan and Val McMurray of Wynndel, British Columbia, Canada (B.C MC D) 07
Year grown: 2007
- Introduced by 'Skip', who described it as follows:
- “I secured this most unusual large, red beefsteak tomato from a charming Italian lady at our local trash and treasure market. She told me that this tomato originated in northern Italy. That was all she could tell me, and being called Palmira I have named it after her. The fruits are not sweet, more like Ray’s Greek (which I have also put into circulation) that has proved so popular with all who have grown it. Another excellent heirloom tomato.”
- First introduced in the Seed Savers 2007 Yearbook by Dan and Val McMurray, BC, Canada (B.C MC D), as Palmira's Northern Italian Heirloom.
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Palmira's North Italian Beefsteak - ripe fruit. 2015-08-21.
Dan and Val McMurray (B.C MC D). Palmira's North Italian Heirloom. 2006.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Palmira's North Italian Beefsteak - sliced fruit. 2015-08-21.
Phil Seneca, Good Mind Seeds. Palmira's North Italian Heirloom - ripe fruit. Posted with owner's permission.
Order seeds from Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2014||Good Mind Seeds||.||.|
|2013||Good Mind Seeds
Knapp's Fresh Vegies
|2012||Good Mind Seeds - new||3||0|
|2011||Knapp's Fresh Vegies||5||0|
|2010||Knapp's Fresh Vegies - new||4||.|
Click here to order seeds from Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop
You can buy Palmira's Northern Italian Beefsteak seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Also known as||Palmira's Northern Italian Heirloom +|
|Description||Indet., regular leaf. Very large red beefsteaks, very meaty and juicy, with excellent full rich tomato flavor. 10-22 oz. (15 seeds / packet)|
|Fruit color||red +|
|Fruit shape||beefsteak +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* Introduced by 'Skip', who described it a … * Introduced by 'Skip', who described it as follows:
|Member code||B.C KO T +, B.C MC D + and IL LO N +|
|Seed source||Dan and Val McMurray of Wynndel, British Columbia, Canada (B.C MC D) 07 / Al Anderson of Troy, Ohio (OH AN A)|
|Variety type||heirloom + and open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, Good Mind Seeds + and Knapp's Fresh Vegies +|
|Year grown||2015 +|