From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
B.C KO T
- Indet., regular leaf, moderate to high yield of huge flattened pink beefsteaks, 18-24 oz, 6" in diameter. Early fruits had some semi-hollow seed cavities, later fruits were much better. The flavor is good but a bit too mild for me, I like more 'sharp' tasting beefsteaks.
- 1. WI LO M 05 (Martin Longseth, Wisconsin)
- 2. IL LO N 10 / NY MA C 96 (Carolyn Male of Salem, New York) / Omar Saab
Year grown: 2008 (#1 - crop failure), 2009 (#1)
Location: Zone 7b, PNW, Anmore, BC, Canada (760 ft above sea level)
IL LO N
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf plant, high yield of 1-1.5 lb pink beefsteak fruit, excellent flavor.
- NY MA C 96 (Carolyn Male of Salem, New York) / Omar Saab
Location: Oblong, Illinois
GERM SC K
- Helmut Pummer, Austria
Year: 2011, 2012
Location: Quitzdorf am See, Germany
- Lebanese heirloom, introduced in 1996 by Carolyn Male of Salem, New York.
- Dr Carolyn Male obtained the seed from her colleague Omar Saab, who came to the US from Lebanon. Omar's family in Lebanon had a summer home in the hills of Lebanon where they grew this huge pink tomato. Omar knew about Carolyn's love for family heirlooms, and when he visited his family he brought some seeds of this tomato back to the USA and shared with Carolyn.
- Carolyn named this tomato 'Omar's Lebanese' to reflect both the seed source and the country of origin.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Omar's Lebanese (WI LO M) - plant. 2009-06-06.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Omar's Lebanese - flower.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Omar's Lebanese (WI LO M) - ripe fruit. 2008-08-29
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Omar's Lebanese (WI LO M) - sliced fruit. 2008-09-01