Beyond Verde Claro
|Beyond Verde Claro|
Compact indet., regular leaf plant, fair yield of bright green fruits that resemble green grapes in shape and size, no yellow tint, the fruits stay green as they ripen, outstanding sweet flavor, 100% seedless fruits.
- The seeds were difficult to germinate without some 'surgical' help, as the sprouts are not strong enough to break through the seed coat.
- I was unable to save seeds as there were no seeds in the fruits I harvested in 2007.
- The attempt to propagate by cuttings (Oct 2007) failed due to some foliage disease that killed the seedlings in late November.
- Tom Wagner, WA 07
Year grown: 2007
- Bred by Tom Wagner of WA, a private tomato and potato breeder and founder of Tater Mater Seed.
- Trialed by Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T) in 2007 from the seeds provided by Tom Wagner in early spring 2007.
- NOT AVAILABLE TO PUBLIC (***no seed or seedlings distibution allowed without explicit permission from Tom***)
- This is what Tom Wagner says about this tomato:
- "This clone was an F-5 selection that derived from the same F-2 selection that eventually made the F-6 selection I called VERDE CLARO back ten years ago (1996). This particular clone in more seedless than VERDE CLARO, and is both sweeter and more tangy too. Total surprise was the most common reaction followed by wows. I don’t have a name for it except for BEYOND VERDE CLARO. I have been breeding and tasting tomatoes for 53 years now and even I am impressed! I have been on a vendetta to get the right blend of sweet and sour for years. My GREEN GRAPE variety is one of the three lines in the pedigree. But GG has a grassy flavor compared to this one. BVC is intense! Not just super sweet like Sun Gold. "
- Verde Claro (not released to public). The name means "Clear Green" in Spanish.
likely one of the parents:
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|