Zhong Shu No.6
|Zhong Shu No.6|
- Indet., regular leaf plants. Red round fruits, 4-6 oz, with very good tomato flavor. (15 seeds / packet)
- Bruce Van Order of Freeville, New York (NY VA B) 07 / Dorene Pasekoff of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania (PA PA D) 04 / USDA
Year grown: 2014
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf, excellent yield of superb tasting, 8-16 oz red globe fruit.
Year grown: 2006
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf, high yield of excellent tasting, 6-14 oz red globe fruit.
- Michael Gunn of Pasadena, Texas (TX GU R) 07
Year grown: 2008
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), PI 586668. Donated to USDA in 1988 from China.
- Chinese origin (?).
- First offered in the Seed Savers 2002 Yearbook by Dorene Pasekoff of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania (PA PA D), who received the seeds from the USDA via Farmers Cooperative Germplasm Project.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2015.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Zhong Shu No.6 - ripe fruit. 2014-09-21.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Zhong Shu No.6 - sliced fruit. 2014-09-21.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Zhong Shu No. 6. 2008.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2010||5 + 1 (Zhong Shu)||.|
You can buy Zhong Shu No.6 seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!