|Fruit shape||round, oblate|
|Fruit type||salad, canner|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- Compact det.(?) plants with regular leaf foliage. Small round and oblate bright red fruits with some ribbing on shoulders. 2-4 oz. Very good flavor. This is a special variety used for marinating in Russia. Fruits are meaty and juicy, but hold their shape very well to can or marinate whole.
- Aleksey Kulik, Ukraine 15 / Natalia Khilenko, Armavir, Russia 14
Year grown: 2015
- Tomato variety from Natalia Khilenko's seed collection.
- The seeds were sent to Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2014 by Aleksey Kulik, Ukraine 15, who received them from Natalia Khilenko of Armavir, Russia. Mrs. Khilenko and her family have been growing many native Russian heirlooms for many years, and she shared seeds from her seed collection with Aleksey Kulik, a Ukrainian seed vendor.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2016.
Russian name: Засолочный
- The name means 'for marinating' in Russian.
Description in Russian
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Zasolochnyi - ripe fruit. 2015-08-22.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Zasolochnyi - sliced fruit. 2015-08-22.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Zasolochnyi seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!