- Indet., regilar leaf, large pink beefsteaks with ribbed shoulders, up to 1 lb. Very good taste. (15 seeds/packet)
- Ted Maiden, LaFollette, Tennessee 13 / Marina Kirishcheva, Bryansk region, Russia 13 / Elena Rizvanova, Russia
Year grown: 2013
- A variety from Russia. It was sent to Ted Maiden of LaFollette, Tennessee by Marina Kirishcheva, Bryansk region, Russia in December 2012. Marina received seeds from Elena Rizvanova, who said the seeds were from Syzran area in Russia. Another name it may be known under is 'Syzranskiy Rozovyi' ('Pink from Syzran') or 'Syzranskaya Roza'. It is considered to be a disappearing (rare) sort in Russia, as it is only maintained by very few people.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2014.
Russian name: Сызранка
- Syzranka is a name of a river in Russia, in Samara and Uliyanovsk regions. ()
Description in Russian
- "СЫЗРАНЬСКАЯ РОЗА - Очень популярный сорт любительской селекции. Имеет необычайно вкусные и красивые плоды насыщенного розового цвета массой до 270 гр. Куст высотой 120-130 см. урожайность 4,5-5 кг."
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Syzranka - sliced fruit. 2013-09-25.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Syzranka seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!