|Fruit shape||plum, oval, round|
|Fruit type||paste, cooking|
|Variety type||family heirloom, open-pollinated|
- Indet., regular leaf plants. Red fat plum-shaped fruits have think walls and dry flesh, they are perfect for cooking or making sauce. 6-11 oz. Very good sweet flavor. (15 seeds / packet)
- Patty Brown, Ohio 08
Year grown: 2014
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf, 1 lb heart shaped fruit, very good taste and yield.
- Carolyn Male of Salem, New York (NY MA C) 96 / Robert Richardson of Phelps, New York (NY RI R) 94 / Tony Sulia, Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
- An Italian heirloom variety from Tony Sulia, Ellwood City, Pennsylvania.
- Seed was collected from Tony Sulia by Robert W. Richardson of Phelps, New York (NY RI R), who also shared it with Carolyn Male in 1994.
- Both Carolyn Male and Robert Richardson co-listed this variety in the Seed Savers 1995 Yearbook.
- Introduced commercially in North America by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2015.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sulia's Heart - baby fruit. 2014-06-23.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sulia's Heart - ripe fruit. 2014-09-14.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sulia's Heart - sliced fruit. 2014-08-29.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sulia's Heart - sliced fruit. 2014-09-14.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Sulia's Heart seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!