- Determinate and compact plants with regular leaf foliage. Fruits are round red, with smooth shoulders, juicy. 2-4 oz. Very good sweet flavor. Early. It performs very well in pots. (15 seeds / packet)
- Valery Popenko, Semei, Kazakhstan 15
Year grown: 2015
- A cold-tolerant selection by a Russian tomato breeder P.Y. Saraev, who specialize in breeding tomatoes that can withstand freezing temperatures. The name means 'for growing in the open ground' in Russian.
- Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds received 15 years old seeds from Valery Popenko of Semei, Kazakhstan in 2014. The seeds had relatively good germination, and the 2015 growout was successful. Unfortunately there was no way to test the cold tolerance, as the spring was exceptionally warm and quite dry, very unusual for Pacific North West.
- Introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2016.
Russian name: Грунтовый
- The name means 'for growing in the open ground' in Russian.
Description in Russian
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Saraev Shtambovyi - ripe fruit. 2015-08-02.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Saraev Shtambovyi - sliced fruit. 2015-08-02.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Saraev Shtambovyi seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!