|Variety type||open-pollinated, family heirloom|
- 75-85 days, indet., regular leaf, large pink sweet beefsteaks with green shoulders, very good to excellent sweet flavor, very productive. Some fruits are irregularly shaped, and some had yellow shoulders, especially the ones exposed to direct sunlight. Fruits are generally 8-16 oz, but my largest one was 24 oz.
- I grew out both Sand Hill Preservation Center and Tomato Growers Supply seeds side by side and both the plants and the fruits appeared to be identical.
- 2009 notes
- grew the following seeds: B.C KO T 06 / Tomato Growers Supply 04, Tomato Growers Supply 04, B.C KO T 06 / Sand Hill Preservation Center 04
Year grown: 2005, 2009
- Large vines need caging or staking, moderate to good production of large (usually about 12-16 oz) flattened pink fruit with green shoulders, with very good nicely balanced flavor.
- NY MA C (Carolyn Male of Latham, New York)
Year: 1995, 2002
Location: Augusta, Michigan
- 80 days, indet., 12 oz to 1 lb fruit, good flavor and yield.
- NY MA C 95 (Carolyn Male of Latham, New York)
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- pink beefsteak tomato, good taste, indet.
- Helmut Pummer, Austria
Location: Quitzdorf am See, Germany
- A family heirloom, which was brought to the US by the Sandul family of Moldova (former Republic of Moldova of USSR).
- Provided to Carolyn Male of Latham, NY (NY MA C) by Andy Durbak, Albany NY. Carolyn introduced the variety to SSE in 1993.
- One of the 100 varieties described in Carolyn J. Male's book "100 Heirloom Tomatoes for the American Garden".
- Seven commercial sources noted for 2004 in the Garden Seed Inventory 6th edition.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Sandul Moldovan - leaf. May 2011.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sandul Moldovan (B.C KO T / To1) - plant. 2009-06-06.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sandul Moldovan (B.C KO T / To1) - flowers. 2009-06-06.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Sandul Moldovan - green fruits. June 28, 2011.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Sandul Moldovan - green fruit. July 10, 2011.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Sandul Moldowan - ripe fruit. August 20, 2011.
|Fruit color||pink +|
|Fruit shape||beefsteak +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|Member||B.C KO T +, MI FL J +, IL LO N + and GERM SC K +|
|Variety type||open-pollinated + and family heirloom +|
|Vendor||Tomato Growers Supply +, Sand Hill Preservation Center +, Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +, TomatoFest +, Casey's Heirloom Tomatoes of Airdrie +, Delectation of Tomatoes +, Heritage Harvest Seed + and Knapp's Fresh Vegies +|