- indet., regular leaf plants, 8-17 oz pink beefsteaks with good sweet flavor.
- 2009 notes: I got two types of plants from the original seeds: one plant produced large red beefsteaks up to 1 lbs. (see Sadko Red), and the others produced true to type pink fruits.
- Tamara Yaschenko, Byisk, Altai, Russia, 06
Year grown: 2009
Russian name Садко.
- Sadko (Садко) was a legendary hero of a Onega-Novgorodian bylina (epic tale) of the same name, a merchant and gusli musician from Novgorod. See Sadko article at Wikipedia for more details.
- Russian variety from Tamara Yaschenko's collection. The seeds were sent to Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T) as part of a large seed exchange with Tamara Yaschenko of Byisk, Siberia, Russia in 2006. Tatiana grew it out in 2009 and observed two different fruit types - large red and smaller pink beefsteaks. The pink beefsteak fruit is consistent with Tamara's description of this variety, and I am assuming this one was 'true to type' Sadko. The red variant is named Sadko Red.
- There is also a Russian yellow hybrid called 'Sadko F1', which is not the same tomato.
- Sadko Red (cross?)
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sadko - baby fruit. 2009-06-13.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sadko Pink - ripe fruit. 2009-08-16.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sadko Pink - ripe fruit. 2009-09-29.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Sadko Pink - sliced fruit. 2009-08-16.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||1||1|
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||1||.|