Rufus Carrigan's Mexican Pink
|Rufus Carrigan's Mexican Pink|
|Variety type||heirloom, open-pollinated|
- Iindet., regular leaf, pink beefsteaks, 12-25 oz, excellent flavor, very few seeds. (12 seeds / packet)
- Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N) 06 / Steve Moser of Memphis, Tennessee 98
Year grown: 2006, 2015(crop failure), 2016
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant with high yield of 1-1.5 lb pink beefsteak with excellent flavor, kept since 1957 by a Mr. Carrigan who got seeds from a gardener in Guadalajara, Mexico.
- Steve Moser of Memphis, Tennessee 98
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- 90 days, indet., regular leaf foliage, moderate yield of 12 to 20 oz attractive pink beefsteaks with very good to excellent flavor, frequently with ruffled shoulders.
- Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 07
Year grown: 2008
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- First offered in the Seed Savers 1997 Yearbook by Steve Moser, Memphis, Tennessee (TN MO S).
- This tomato had been maintained since 1957 by Mr. Carrigan who got seeds from someone in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Rufus Carrigan Mexican Pink - ripe fruit. 2016-09-10.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Rufus Carrigan Mexican Pink - sliced fruit. 2016-09-10.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Rufus Carrigan's Mexican Pink - sliced fruit. 2016-09-29.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Rufus Carrigan's Mexican Pink, 2008.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2017||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Rufus Carrigan's Mexican Pink seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!