Reif Italian Heart
|Reif Italian Heart|
|Fruit type||paste, slicer, cooking|
- Indet. vigorous plant with wispy regular foliage and droopy appearance, and huge flowers that produce very large red heart-shapes fruits, from 9.5 oz to 1+ lb, which are sweet and have great flavor. The fruits that set in the heat of summer can have empty seed cavities and drier flesh, I like the early fruits the best. Although Carolyn Male notes that it is the same variety as Reif Red Heart, I found them different growing these two side-by-side. The Reif Italian Heart strain has larger blooms and larger fruits, and does not have such a bright red color as the Reif Red Heart strain I grew in 2007.
- Howard Essl, Maryland 07 / Johnny's Selected Seeds 97
Year grown: 2006
- 90 days, indet., regular leaf plant with a fair yield of 1 lb, red, heart shaped fruit, excellent flavor.
- WI MI B 96 (Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin)
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Family heirloom from Italy; seeds collected by J. Reif, Pennsylvania, from an elderly Italian man.
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Reif Italian Heart - seedlings. 2007-02-11
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Reif Italian Heart - flowers. 2007-07-02
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Reif Italian Heart - baby fruit. 2007-07-02
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2013||Delectation of Tomatoes - new||.||.|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2011||3||0|
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||3||.|
|2009||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||4||.|