- 80-90 days, indet., regular leaf, large red flattened beefsteaks on healthy plants, 8-16 oz, outstanding flavor.
- Linda Black, California 05 / Neil Lockhart of Oblong, Illinois (IL LO N) 04 / Joe R. Cavanaugh of Delaware, New Jersey (NJ CA J) 99 (wrong seeds)
Year grown: 2006, 2013, 2015
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf plant, good yield of 8-12 oz red fruit, good mild flavor.
- Joe R. Cavanaugh of Delaware, New Jersey (NJ CA J) 99
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Indeterminate, regular leaf, large beefsteaks. Big red tomatoes averaged over 1 lb and the fruit kept coming all the way to frost. Great tasting firm flesh with that "Old Fashioned" zing. Late season, 85 days.
- Michael Johnson, UK 09
Year grown: 2010, 2011
Location: LaFollette, Tennessee, USA
- Bred by Joe Bratka's father. Joe found the seeds in glass jars in a tool shed on their/his property, could not germinate any of them, and sent seeds to Carolyn Male (NY MA C), who succeeded and shared this wonderful variety with other gardeners.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Red Barn - plant. 2013-07-02.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Red Barn - ripe. 2015-09-28.
Michael Gunn (TX GU R): Red Barn, 2008 SETTFest.
Ted Maiden (TN MA T): Red Barn - ripe fruit. 2011.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2017||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
Heritage Tomato Seed
|2013|| Delectation of Tomatoes - new
Heritage Tomato Seed
Knapp's Fresh Vegies
Sand Hill Preservation Center
Heritage Tomato Seed - new
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2011
Sand Hill Preservation Center - not available for 2011
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
Gleckler Seedmen - new
|2009||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
Sand Hill Preservation Center - new
You can buy Red Barn seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!