|Fruit shape||oblate, beefsteak|
|Variety type||family heirloom|
- indet., vigorous potato leaf plants, medium to high yield of large slightly ribbed pink beefsteaks with yellow shoulders, 12-23 oz, excellent flavor. I grew this variety from two different seed sources, and they appeared to be identical.
- 2009 growouts
- 1 of the seedlings from Robert Gee's seed appears to be a cross as it had regular foliage.
- 1. Sand Hill Preservation Center 04
- 2. Rob Gee, East Palestine, Ohio 09
Year grown: 2009
- 80 days, indet., potato leaf with a good yield of pink beefsteak fruit, very good flavor.
- Sand Hill Preservation Center 05
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- pink tomato with a very good taste, in 2006 maybe not the true Polish C
Year: 2006 (plant), 2011 (TomatoFest seeds)
Location: Quitzdorf am See, Germany
- Family heirloom from Poland.
- There is also a regular leaf variant of this tomato, but it has not been maintained since the mid-90s.
- Introduced to SSE in 1991 by Robert W. Richardson, Phelps, New York (NY RI R).
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Polish C (Rob Gee) - ripe fruit. 2009-09-05.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Polish C (Rob Gee) - sliced fruit. 2009-09-05.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Polish C - seedling. 2011.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Polish C (Rob Gee) - baby fruit. 2009-07-12.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
Sand Hill Preservation Center
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||1 (pink) + 1 (red)||1|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
Sand Hill Preservation Center - not available for 2011
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||1||0|
|2009||Sand Hill Preservation Center||1||.|
You can buy Polish C seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Fruit color||pink +|
|Fruit shape||oblate + and beefsteak +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* Family heirloom from Poland.
|Member||B.C KO T +, IL LO N + and GERM SC K +|
|See also||Polish +|
|Variety type||family heirloom +|
|Vendor||Sand Hill Preservation Center +, TomatoFest + and Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +|