Mortgage Lifter, Halladay's
From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
|Mortgage Lifter, Halladay's|
- 90 days, indet., regular leaf plant, 1-1.5 lb fruit is crack-free, very good flavor, good yield, a good str. of Mortgage Lifter.
- MD WY C 96 (Chuck Wyatt, MD)
- Paul Pulley, Idaho 06 / IL LO N (Neil Lockhart)
Year grown: 2008 (crop failure - 0% germination)
- A Kentucky family heirloom, first offered in Seed Savers 1985 Yearbook by James Halladay of Fairview, Pennsylvania. It had been grown in eastern Kentucky by three generations of James Halladay's family. Dates to the 1930s.
- Craig LeHoullier said about this tomato:
- "I received seeds from James Halladay, from Pennsylvania - former SSE member. The Mullens strain came to me from a West Virginia gardener named Charlotte Mullens in 1990. Flip a coin - both are very vigorous reg leaf plants producing very large sweet pink fruit. If I were to try to spot a difference, perhaps Halladay is a bit less oblate/larger fruit, hence Mullens a bit more oblate, shade smaller. Otherwise, both are fine varieties. "
- SSE TOMATO 4703.
Related (other strains)
- Mortgage Lifter
- Mortgage Lifter, Estler's
- Mortgage Lifter, Mullen's
- Mortgage Lifter, Radiator Charlie's
- Mortgage Lifter, Quisenberry's
- Mortgage Lifter, Riegers
- Mortgage Lifter, Carter's
- Mortgage Lifter, Pesta
- Mortgage Lifter, Cartwright's
- Red and Yellow Mortgage Lifter
- Mortgage Lifter, Yellow
- Mortgage Lifter, Watson's
- Mortgage Lifter, O'Driscoll's
- Mortgage Lifter, German
- Mortgage Lifter, McGarity's
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Seed Savers Exchange||.||.|
|2013||Seed Savers Exchange||.||.|
|2012||Seed Savers Exchange||.||.|
|2011||Seed Savers Exchange||3||.|
|2010||Seed Savers Exchange - new, sold out for 2010||3||.|