|Variety type||open-pollinated, commercial|
- mid-early, compact bushy semi-det. plant with regular foliage, excellent fruit set in the cool weather conditions of the Pacific North West, good yield of large red beefsteak fruit, 200-400 g, very good flavor. It was one of the first large beefsteak varieties to ripen for me in the cold and wet summer of 2008, followed by Sibirskiy Velikan Rozovyi, which was a few days later. This tomato is certainly earlier than the local North American large-fruited varieties and performs well in colder weather. Taste is good but not great, mild and sweet, fruit have large core, but the rest of the flesh is very juicy.
- BELR BA A 07 (Andrey Baranovski of Minsk, Belarus)
Year grown: 2008
Russian name: Король Ранних
- Name means "The King of Early" in Russian.
- Non-commercial variety from Siberia, Russia. Rated as the most productive and reliable variety for Siberia.
- Introduced to SSE by Andrey Baranovski of Minsk, Belarus in 2008 as a pink variety, however, Tatiana Kouchnareva's growouts from Andrey's seeds showed red beefsteak fruits. All public Russian sources also indicate that it is a red variety.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Korol Rannikh. 2008-05-25.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Korol Rannikh. 2008-06-25.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Korol Rannikh - leaf. 2008-07-18.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Korol Rannikh - ripe fruit. 2008-09-02.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Korol Rannikh - ripe fruit. 2008-09-14.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Korol Rannikh - sliced ripe fruit. 2008-09-14.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||2||1|
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||2||.|
|2009||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||2||.|