- Indet., regular leaf plants. Red heart-shaped fruits vary is size quite significantly, from 3 oz to 1 lb. Very good flavor., meaty flesh. (15 seeds / packet)
- Aleksey Kulik, Ukraine 13
Year grown: 2014
- (Tatiana's note) This variety seems to have originated from Russia or Ukraine, but I was not able to find any historical details.
- There is a hybrid tomato called 'King Kong' described at Ventmarin, but its description does not match. However, it is still possible that this variety may have originated from this hybrid and stabilized by Russian and/or Ukrainian gardeners.
- Available from a few Russian and Ukrainian private seed vendors.
- Introduced commercially in North America by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2015.
Russian name: Кинг Конг
Description in Russian
- высота 1,8 м, среднеспелый, плоды сердцевидные, красные, весом до 2 кг, ровные, красивые.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). King Kong - ripe fruit. 2014-09-01.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). King Kong - sliced fruit. 2014-09-01.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy King Kong seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!
|Country||Russia, Ukraine +|
|Description||Indet., regular leaf plants. Red heart-shaped fruits vary is size quite significantly, from 3 oz to 1 lb. Very good flavor., meaty flesh. (15 seeds / packet)|
|Description in Russian||высота 1,8 м, среднеспелый, плоды сердцевидные, красные, весом до 2 кг, ровные, красивые.|
|Fruit color||red +|
|Fruit shape||heart +|
|Fruit size||large +|
|Fruit type||slicer +|
|Growth habit||indet. +|
|History||* (Tatiana's note) This variety seems … * (Tatiana's note) This variety seems to have originated from Russia or Ukraine, but I was not able to find any historical details.
|Member code||B.C KO T +|
|Russian name||Кинг Конг +|
|See also||Korol King II +|
|Seed source||Aleksey Kulik, Ukraine 13|
|Variety type||open-pollinated +|
|Vendor||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds +|
|Year grown||2014 +|