|Fruit type||canner, paste, cooking|
- Indet., regular leaf, good yield of oval/plum shaped red fruits with a pointed tip, juicy, but still quite firm and holds well when sliced. Very good fresh flavor. Fruit weight is from small to medium, 3-8 oz.
- John Seewald, New Jersey 07 / Sand Hill Preservation Center
Year grown: 2011 (crop failure), 2012
- 80 days, indet., regular leaf plant with good yield of 8-14 oz red fruit, very good flavor.
- WI MI B 98 (Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin) / NY MA C 96 (Carolyn Male of Latham, New York).
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- the tomatotoes I got under the name "Kiev" were round to flat round without a nipple
- Manfred Hahm-Hartmann
Location: Quitzdorf am See, Germany
- Ukrainian origin. Carolyn Male of Latham (now in Salem), New York received the seeds from A.L. Lefkowiz, Albany, New York, along with another Ukrainian variety, Khirhiv.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kiev - plant. 2012-06-21.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kiev - flower. 2012-06-28.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kiev - ripe fruit. 2012-09-20.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Kiev - sliced fruit. 2012-09-20.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
Sand Hill Preservation Center
|2011||Sand Hill Preservation Center - not available for 2011||4||1|
|2010||Sand Hill Preservation Center - sold out for 2010||4||1|
|2009||Sand Hill Preservation Center||4||.|
You can buy Kiev seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!