|Variety type||heirloom, open-pollinated|
- Compact determinate plants with regular foliage. Leaves are relatively small, compared to many other tomato varieties. Round and slightly oblate small red fruits, 1-2 oz, with some green shoulders. Very good balanced flavor. Early fruit set and maturity. We can certainty say that these compact plants produce more fruits than foliage!
- Patty Brown, Ohio 08
Year grown: 2014
- Breeder: Provincial Hort. Station, Brooks, Alberta, Canada.
- Vendor: Billy Hepler Co., Durham, New Hampshire.
- Parentage: Burbank x Farthest North.
- Characteristics: high yielding, small fruit, seven to nine in one cluster; small leaves; small to medium plants.
- Resistance: leaf roll
- Adaptation: Alberta, Canada.
- * United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), PI 644840. Donated to the USDA in 1962 by University of Minnesota, United States.
- USDA narrative:
- "List of veg. var. "Committee on veg. breeding & var." Am'n. Soc. for Hort. Sc. August 1, 1959, p.79."
- Re-introduced commercially by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2015.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Johnny Jumpup - plant. 2014-06-22.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Johnnny Jumpup - baby fruit. 2014-06-16.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Johnny Jumpup - baby fruit. 2014-06-22.
Patty Brown, Ohio. Johnny Jumpup - green fruit. 2008-07-01. Posted with owner's permission.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Johnny Jumpup - ripe fruit. 2014-08-04.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Johnny Jumpup - sliced fruit. 2014-08-04.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Johnny Jumpup seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!