Gran's Portuguese Neighbour
From Tatiana's TOMATOBase
|Gran's Portuguese Neighbour|
|Fruit type||slicer, paste, cooking|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, heirloom|
- 80-85 days, indet., regular leaf, high yield of medium size pink hearts with blunt end, some fruits are slightly ribbed, excellent balanced tomato flavor, do not let it get overripe as the fruit quality quickly deteriorates; very few seeds, especially in early fruits, 6-12 oz.
- 2007 Notes
- Grown from the original 1998 seed that Denise shared with me.
- Denise Salmon, Vancouver, BC, Canada 07
Year grown: 2007
- B.C KO T 08 / Denise Salmon, BC 07 (1998)
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf, 10-16 oz, pink oxheart fruit, very good flavor, high yield.
- Reinhard Kraft, Neukirchen, Germany 06
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- 75 days, indet., regular leaf plants, medium-large to large pink blunt hearts with excellent taste.
- NY MA C 06 / Denise Salmon of Canada, who got seeds from her 99 year-old grandmother, who got them from a Portuguese neighbour.
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- Denise Salmon received the seeds from her 99 year-old grandmother who got them from a Portuguese neighbor in 1998, the real name of the neighbor is not known. Denise wanted 'Neighbour' spelled the English way, hence the variety name.
- Denise introduced this variety as 'Portuguese Neighbour', but renamed it to 'Gran's Portuguese Neighbour' in 2007 to acknowledge her grandmother as a seed saver and a seed source.
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T): 2007-02-11
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): (Gran's) Portuguese Neighbour, 2007-04-07
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||.||.|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
Marianna's Heirloom Seeds
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds
Marianna's Heirloom Seeds - new
|2009||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||4||.|