|Fruit shape||globe, round, oblate|
|Variety type||open-pollinated, family heirloom|
- Indet., regular leaf plants. Fruits are pink, round and oblate, smooth and blemish-free, very juicy, 4-10 oz. Very good full flavor. Midseason.
- Michael Johnson, UK 07
Year grown: 2013
- 75 days, indet., regular leaf, excellent production of great tasting 6-8 oz red fruit with few seeds.
Location: Pasadena, Texas
- An heirloom from the early 1800s, from the family of edible landscape expert, Jimmy Williams, owner of Hayground Organic Gardening in California. The story says that the seeds have been passed down through generations since the 1800's when Jimmy's great-great grandmother, a young Caribbean slave, smuggled them with her aboard ship that docked at Charleston near Goose Creek, South Carolina. Jimmy's grandmother, Elouise Watson, shared this precious heirloom with him in the 1950-60s.
- There is some controversy about the origins/dating of this tomato, as tomato experts know that there were no 'smooth' tomatoes available in the early 1800s.
- There was also a lot of controversy about the fruit color, whether it is supposed to be red or pink, and the conclusion was that it should be pink.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Goose Creek - ripe fruit. 2013-09-11.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Goose Creek - ripe fruit. 2013-09-14.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Goose Creek - sliced fruit. 2013-09-11.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Goose Creek - sliced fruit. 2013-09-14.
Susan Anderson, Texas (TX AN S). Goose Creek - ripe fruit. Posted with owner's permission. 2009.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Casey's Heirloom Tomatoes of Airdrie||.||.|
|2015||Casey's Heirloom Tomatoes of Airdrie||.||.|
|2014||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
Casey's Heirloom Tomatoes of Airdrie
Heritage Tomato Seed - new
The Sample Seed Shop
|2013|| Casey's Heirloom Tomatoes of Airdrie
Delectation of Tomatoes - new
Knapp's Fresh Vegies
Secret Seed Cartel
The Sample Seed Shop
|2012|| Casey's Heirloom Tomatoes of Airdrie
|2011|| Casey's Heirloom Tomatoes of Airdrie - new
Knapp's Fresh Vegies - new
|2010||Gleckler Seedmen - new||2||.|
You can buy Goose Creek seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!