Dwarf Russian Swirl
|Dwarf Russian Swirl|
|Growth habit||dwarf, indet.|
|Leaf type||regular, rugose|
|Variety type||created heirloom, stabilized intentional cross|
- ***NEW 2015 Release from Tomato Dwarf Project***. OSSI-Pledged variety. Indet. vigorous dwarf (tree-type) plants with regular leaf rugose foliage. Excellent yields of smooth oblate yellow tomatoes with red swirls and streaks, 6-12 oz. The flavor is well balanced and tasty, reminiscent of the best bicolor types. (15 seeds / packet)
- Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C) 16 / Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 16
Year grown: 2015*
- Developed in the 2011-2015 by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project from a cross between Golden Dwarf Champion and Orange Russian 117 made by Patrina Nuske Small in 2005 and named Dopey. It was selected and named by Craig LeHoullier. Stabilization was a collaborative work of Craig LeHoullier, Linda Black, Dan Follett, Amanda Fischer, Sherry Long, and Bill Minkey.
- Released in 2015 (F8 generation).
- This variety is associated with the Open Source Seed Initiative (OSSI)
- The OSSI Pledge - " You have the freedom to use these OSSI seeds in any way you choose. In return, you pledge not to restrict others’ use of these seeds or their derivatives by patents, or other means, and to include this pledge with any transfer of these seeds or their derivatives." The seed packets that you share or sell should include this information.
- More information about the development of this cultivar can be found on the Dwarf Tomato Project website.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2016||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new
Heritage Tomato Seed - new
The Sample Seed Shop - new
Victory Seed Company - new
You can buy Dwarf Russian Swirl seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!