Dwarf Melanie's Ballet
|Dwarf Melanie's Ballet|
|Growth habit||dwarf, indet.|
|Leaf type||regular, rugose|
|Variety type||created heirloom, stabilized intentional cross|
- ***NEW 2017 Release from Dwarf Tomato Project***. OSSI-Pledged variety. Vigorous indet. dwarf (tree-type) plants with regular leaf rugose foliage. 2-4 oz pink plum fruits, good yield, excellent flavor. (12 seeds / packet)
- Craig LeHoullier of Raleigh, North Carolina (NC LE C) 18 / Bill Minkey of Darien, Wisconsin (WI MI B) 18
Year grown: 2017*
- Developed in the 2012-2017 by the members of the Dwarf Tomato Project from the Leggy line. Sherry Long created the Leggy family by crossing Orange Banana with an F2 selection from the Lazy line in 2012. Susan Oliverson carried out all of the selection and stabilization work and named Dwarf Melanie's Ballet; Dan Follett and Craig LeHoullier did a bit of work on the Leggy line as well. Bill Minkey grew out the seed for the initial release in 2017.
- Released by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2018.
- This variety is associated with the Open Source Seed Initiative (OSSI)
- The OSSI Pledge - " You have the freedom to use these OSSI seeds in any way you choose. In return, you pledge not to restrict others’ use of these seeds or their derivatives by patents, or other means, and to include this pledge with any transfer of these seeds or their derivatives." The seed packets that you share or sell should include this information.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2018||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Dwarf Melanie's Ballet seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!