|Variety type||family heirloom|
- Indet., regular leaf plant with high yield of large bi-color beefsteak fruits, yellow with pink/red marbling, 18-26 oz, very good mild sweet fruity flavor, very beautiful when sliced.
- Seed Source
- 1. Reimer Seeds
- 2. Hazzard's Wholesale Seeds 11
- 3. Tomato Growers Supply 11|2006(1), 2011(2,3)}}
- 4. Burpee 04
- 85 days, indet., regular leaf plant with good yield of 1-1.25 lb yellow fruit with red marbling, very good flavor.
Location: Oblong, Illinois
- Orange red striped tomato, good taste, small harvest
- Reimer Seeds / Manfred Hahm-Hartmann
Location: Quitzdorf am See, Germany
- A family heirloom from Polk County, Minnesota, its seed was sent to Dorothy Beiswenger of Crookston, Minnesota (MN BE D) in the early 80s as a 'No Name' variety. Dorothy liked it so much that she decided to name it "Big Rainbow" and then offered it in the SSE 1983 Yearbook under that name.
- First offered commercially in 1990 by Southern Exposure Seed Exchange .
- One of the 100 heirloom tomatoes noted in Carolyn J. Male's book "100 Heirloom Tomatoes for the American Garden"
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Big Rainbow - plant. 2011-07-09.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Big Rainbow - flower. June 5, 2011.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Big Rainbow - flower. June 11, 2011.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Big Rainbow - green fruit. June 28, 2011.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Big Rainbow - green fruit. 2006.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Big Rainbow - ripe fruit. 2006.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Big Rainbow - ripe fruit. September 22, 2011.