|Fruit type||salad, canner|
|Variety type||commercial, open-pollinated|
- Early, compact det. plants with regular foliage, sets fruit early even in our cold spring weather, very productive, fruit sets all at once. Produces small round red slightly flattened globes about 1-2 oz, which are firm and meaty and have full tomato flavor. Green fruits have beautiful dark green shoulders that disappear when they turn red. Large seeds. In 2009, it ripened at the end of June, which is very early for our zone.
- BELR BA A 05 (Andrey Baranovski of Minsk, Belarus) / Russian CV Biotechnika, St. Peterburg
Year grown: 2005 (crop failure), 2009
- 60-65 days, a.k.a. White Nights, semi-det., regular leaf plants, medium size fruit, good flavor for an early variety, Russian, from St. Petersburg.
- BELR BA A 06 (Andrey Baranovski of Minsk, Belarus)
Location: Bastrop, Texas
- Round red tomato, indet., regular leaf
- B.C KO T
Location: Quitzdorf am See, Germany
Russian name: Белые ночи.
- The name means 'White nights' in Russian and refers to the white nights typical to the St. Petersburg area in summer time.
- Russian commercial variety from St. Petersburg.
- Andrey Baranovski of Minsk, Belarus distributed the seed for this tomato in 2004 via Garden Web seed exchange under the translated name White Nights. Several SSE members picked it up and listed it in the Seed Savers Yearbook as a red medium size tomato. Later Andrey introduces it in Seed Savers 2007 Yearbook as Belye Nochi and lists it as 55-60 days, early, det. plant with a good yield of dark raspberry pink meaty 60-80 g round fruits, good keeper, rather cold tolerant, from Russian CV Bioteknika, St. Peterburg, which is consistent with the descriptions that some Russian seed vendors provide for this tomato.
Also known as
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Belye Nochi - seedlings. 2009-02-07
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Belje Notschi - flower. June 7, 2011.
Olena Tsygankova, Alberta. Belye Nochi - plant. 2012-07-25.
Olena Tsygankova, Alberta. Belye Nochi - green fruit. 2012-07-25.
Klaus-Peter Schurz (GERM SC K). Belje Notschi - baby fruit. June 28, 2011.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Belye Nochi - ripening fruit. 2009-06-27
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Belye Nochi - sliced ripe fruit. 2009-07-11.
Susan Anderson (TX AN S): Belye Nochi. 2007
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2014||J&L Gardens Seed - new||.||.|
|2013||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - sold out for 2013||.||.|
|2012||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||1||0|
|2011||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||2 (as White Nights)||1|
|2010||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||2 (as White Nights) + 1 (red) + 1 (pink)||.|
|2009||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds||2||.|