Austin's Black Cherry
|Austin's Black Cherry|
|Fruit color||black, purple|
- Indet., potato leaf plants. Black-purple round cherries are very juicy and have good flavor. Some plants produced larger pink cherries, but we saved seeds only from the black fruits that matched the description. (15 seeds / packet)
- Mike Weiner, Berea, Kentucky 13
Year grown: 2014
- Discovered by Mike Weiner of Berea, Kentucky from seed that was supposed to be Black Cherry.
- Introduced commercially in North America by Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds in 2015.
- May still throw pink fruits, please continue to select for purple/black cherries.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Austin's Black Cherry - leaf. 2014-06-22.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Austin's Black Cherry - flower. 2014-06-22.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Austin's Black Cherry - baby fruit. 2014-06-22.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Austin's Black Cherry - green fruit. 2014-07-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Austin's Black Cherry - ripe fruit. 2014-08-17.
Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T). Austin's Black Cherry - sliced fruit. 2014-08-03.
|Year||Commercial Vendors||Seed Savers Yearbook (Member listings)||Seeds of Diversity (Member listings)|
|2015||Tatiana's TOMATObase Seeds - new||.||.|
You can buy Austin's Black Cherry seeds at Tatiana's TOMATObase Seed Shop.
By buying our seeds you help us to maintain and improve Tatiana's TOMATObase website, and to preserve many endangered open-pollinated varieties.
The proceeds from seed sales and donations are our only source of funding at this time.
Thank you so much for your support!